Effective Date: October 9 2017
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through the use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information about you directly from you. The information we collect varies depending on your interaction with our Services.
- Account Information. When you use the Platform, we collect “Account Information” about you, including usage, payment and profile information. When you create an account, we collect your name, company name, email address, other contact information, as well as a user name; we may also collect other optional information. If you pay for or subscribe for any Platform services, we collect name, payment card information, and billing address, and information about your subscription or payment history and use of the Platform.
- Your Content. When you upload source code data and other information or content (“Your Content”) to the Platform, which we maintain to perform our services for you and take actions directed by you.
- Site, Communications and Other Information. We collect information that you provide us through the Site, such as when you use “Contact Us” features, subscribe to receive communications from us, download whitepapers and other content from the Site, post comments, and respond to surveys; we also collect information about your communications with us, such as via email, chat or phone.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving Our Services. To provide and maintain our Services; to improve our Services; to develop new features, products, or services; to authenticate users; to process payments; to fulfill requests; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; to monitor and protect the security of our Services; and for other service and support-related purposes.
- Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you (including by email) about your account and use of our Services, including to send you product or service updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Please see “Your Choices” below for more information about communications from us.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how users interact with and use our Services; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an government or law enforcement investigation or request.
How We Disclose Your Information
- Service Providers. Subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations, our vendors, service providers, agents, or others acting on our behalf may store, access, use or otherwise process Site and Platform information to perform functions on our behalf or provide services to us. For example, we may disclose payment information to our third-party payment processors, or to cloud providers that we use to store and manage Site and Platform information.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer. Certain Account Information (e.g., name) – but not Your Content – may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality obligations) as part of any negotiations and due diligence related to such a transaction.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users and the Services for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please see https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Third-Party Analytics and Tracking
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may access, modify, or delete certain of your Account profile information that you have provided to us by logging into your profile settings or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with what you would like updated. Deletion and retention of Your Content is subject to the applicable customer agreement(s) and terms.
We may send promotional and informational emails to you, about Binaris and third party products, services, and information we think may interest you. You may opt out of such emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving our promotional and informational emails, we may still email you for non-marketing reasons related to your account or use of Services.
Our Services are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
Transfers of Your Information
Any information you provide to Binaris through our Services will be transferred to the United States, which may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal information as the jurisdiction in which you reside. By using our Services, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.